Saturday, November 7, 2009

Painted Fan Awning


This weekend we are having temperatures in the 60's, so I decided to tackle an outdoor painting project before winter hits. We have a decorative overhang above our front door that really needed scraping and painting. My husband and I took turns scraping. We scraped and sanded off any loose paint, and then I primed on Saturday.

I spent the last couple days choosing a color scheme, and I realized that I would like to paint the body of our house a darker green shade called "Oakmoss" from Sherwin Williams. I went to the paint store to pick out colors for the overhang that I thought will go well with the new body color (which will have to wait till next year when it warms up again).

Here is a photo of what the house looks like now, and what I want it to look like when all the painting is done. I think a darker body will make the trim colors stand out. What do you think? This colorized version doesn't match the colors I picked exactly, but it's close enough to get an idea of how it might all look together. I'll post another picture when we're done painting.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those are beautiful rich colors!

November 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Thank you, Tatting Chic! I think they look richer on the computer screen than they do in real life. But I like how they all work together!

November 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home