Sunday, October 4, 2009

Library Inspiration


Interior of the old Chicago Public Library, now the Chicago Cultural Center

I just found the best site for inspiration for my home library! The site is Curious Expeditions by Michelle Enemark and Dylan Thuras. They have amassed the most amazing photos I have ever seen of gorgeous libraries of the world!

I remember being impressed with the original Chicago Public Library, which years ago was converted into the city's Cultural Center. I remember the tall rows of shelves, and ornate and beautiful details everywhere. The building is now used for concerts and private events, and is still very beautiful. I've also been to the Boston and New York Public Libaries, which are impressive.

But just look at some of these libraries!


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Victorian Parlor said...

Wow! Those libraries are amazing! And I thought I had tons of books-lol:)!

Blessings,

Kim

October 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home