Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Garden


Fall has arrived. I've already found some colorful leaves on the ground, but for the most part the trees and shrubs are still green.


In my fall garden, the autumn clematis mounds over the arbor, emitting its sweet fragrance.


A final riot of color explodes from the asters and mums.

Our two huge silver maples are among the last to lose their leaves every fall. Too many times, snow has covered the fallen leaves before I have a chance to rake them up.

 I love summer, but I don't enjoy mowing grass or pulling weeds. I don't like shoveling snow either. At least, living in the Chicago area, we get a break from each of these chores for some of the year!


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Victorian Parlor said...

Gorgeous! I love the colorful fall leaves! Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I do miss the vibrant colors of northern falls. Thanks for sharing some of it with me:).

Blessings,

Kim

September 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home