Sunday, October 18, 2009

Picking out Pumpkins


It was a crisp, sunny fall day today as my husband and I made our annual trek to Goebbert's Pumpkin Farm! This year we didn't pick out a jack-o'-lantern pumpkin to carve, but got some pie pumpkins and decorative gourds instead.

Goebbert's has a lot of fun things to do, especially for families with kids. There's a haunted house, pony and camel rides, a petting zoo, corn maze, hay rides, and pig races. We did the hay ride this year, which took us through the corn rows and a haunted barn!

We also bought pumpkin pie slices, apple cider donuts, caramel apple slices, and some other yummy desserts. It was a lot of fun, and a great way to enjoy what's left of the milder weather of Chicagoland.

Husband Terry with our pie pumpkins

Haunted House!

The Haunted Barn

I felt like a kid again!

Gooey caramel apple slices!

Our gourds on display in their new home

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The Victorian Parlor said...

Oh my gosh-I am so hungry after seeing the yummy apples in carmel sauce! It looks scrumptious! I love all the pictures of the pumpkins and the haunted house looks like great fun! Nothing is makes for a better haunted hosue than a Victorian house:).

Blessings,

Kim

October 19, 2009 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Kim, those caramel apples were REALLY good! We look forward to them every year! Thanks for the comment.

October 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Dana and Daisy said...

your gourds look great with that old scale! the caramel apple looks divine! I'm going to get some tomorrow.

and as for tootsie rolls, they are the only ones I can keep my paws out of! I had Mary Janes and Chick-o-Sticks for dinner! ha ha!

October 19, 2009 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger The Sweetbrier Cottage said...

Found your blog through the Victorian Parlor and am enjoying it immensely. I can't believe the number of pumpkins in your photos and what fun you must have had! SC

October 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You for visiting my blog!! I think yours is beautiful!! Come back soon!!
Love,
Marilyn

October 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home