Monday, November 9, 2009

Finished Awning

It took all weekend, but I finished painting the awning. I really like how it turned out. I didn't get to finish the decorative side supports, but they didn't need a fresh coat of paint as much as the front did. As my husband, my neighbor Kate and I were standing back staring at the finished product, a nice couple strolled by, complimented my work, and asked if I would hire myself out! The only downside: my upper arms and shoulders are killing me and my legs are all bruised up from climbing up and down the ladder!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pink Birdhouse said...

LOVE your awning!! You did a fabulous job. What work it must have been to get all the colorful details in, and not have the paints over lap each other (which I have been known to do!). Enjoy your new work of art!! warmly,Debby

November 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Thank you so much, Debby! Yes, it was difficult "coloring inside the lines" but I love the way it turned out.

November 11, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home