Saturday, November 21, 2009

Long Grove for the Holidays

Mangel's 6

As I left you last, we were visiting the nearby town of Long Grove for more Christmas activities. Both my husband and I love a store called Mangels, which is always jam-packed with beautiful things for whatever holiday is upon us.

Mangel's 2

Mangel's 3

Mangel's 4

Mangel's 5


We also love Farmside Grocery. Most of the shops at Long Grove are authentic old buildings, and the grocery is amazing inside. So many gourmet goodies to choose from!


Farmside Grocery 2

Farmside Grocery 3

Farmside Grocery 4

Farmside Grocery 5

Farmside Grocery 6

People gathered on the town square to watch the lighting of the Christmas tree and hear some carolers singing. Then we welcomed Santa and Mrs. Claus to Long Grove!

Santa & Mrs. Claus

The Carolers with the Santas

See my last post for more of the carolers!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Your pix make me want to go to the grocery and imagine what it must have been like to shop in such an era. What a change from today's mega store experience!

November 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger The Victorian Parlor said...

Oh how beautiful! The stores look like such fun to shop and I love the Dicken's carolers too!

Blessings,

Kim

November 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger The Pink Birdhouse said...

Oh my gosh, I am soooo in love with that first store, all the wonderful goodies it is packed with. I could spend hours there, I am sure. The old fashioned santa in the first picture is just wonderful. I hope he found his way home with you!! My brother lives in IL, I will have to ask my sister in law if she has ever been in any of the above stores. She loves to shop, so even if she has not been to them, she surely would have heard of them. :-) Thanks for your comment on my posts, always a delight to see that you have been by. Here is wishing you and yours a wonderful and very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. warmly, Debby

November 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home