Saturday, August 15, 2009

Purple Coneflowers & Black-eyed Susans

Just thought I'd share some pictures from my garden today. My Echinacea purpurea (Purple Coneflower) and my Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm' (Black-eyed Susans) are in full bloom! They do really well in my yard, so I have let them spread. Both plants do best without too much water, which is good, since we've been having very hot, dry weather all week. The purple plant in the background is Agastache foeniculum (Anise Hyssop). I got that one free at a local nursery last year, never thinking it would do so well. And when you rub the leaves between your fingers, it smells like licorice!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Victorian Parlor said...

Your gardens are beautiful!!!

Blessings,

Kim

August 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home